Blue Sky Infosys is the widely admired name, engaged in manufacturing a motley of ESD Safety Products, ESD Flooring etc, which live up to the high quality benchmark laid down by international industry.
What is Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)?
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) is the release of sudden electricity when two electrically charged objects come into contact. It is caused by contact, dielectric breakdown, or an electrical short etc. ESD is better known as static electricity.
Examples of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) comprise:
While ESD events are not able to cause harm, it may create serious problems in different industrial environments. It can damage electronic assemblies and components.
- The shock we find, while walking across a carpet and hold a metallic doorknob.
- Lightening bolt.
- The static electricity we experience after drying clothes in a dryer of clothes.
- The lights you sometimes see while undressing in dark.
Why we must learn/know about ESD control?
Today, ESD is a very serious problem in the field of electronics industry. Proper ESD instruction is the key to electrostatic discharge control. Also, the ESD control is essential for quality as well as production in assembly of electronics. Controlled ESD is beneficial for everyone! Products quality can be improved and costs can be reduced. And this can improve customer satisfaction as well as sales.
ESD may result in:
- Product failures
- Unsatisfied customers
- More rejects and higher costs
You should realize the importance of prevention of electrostatic discharge. A sustainable, effective and systematic ESD training / certification is essential for a successful ESD control program.
What are the cause of Electrostatic Discharge?
A static electricity spread can be caused by electrostatic induction or tribocharging. Any object can grasp an electrical charge. This Charge is either Negative (-) or Positive (+).
When two objects slide or rub together are detached, they become charged. When two different charges objects come together, the electrons can instantly flow from one object to another. And this sudden stream of electrons is ESD.
How ESD also generate caused by people!
- When you move, your body can easily becomes charged.
- Your skin, body and hair can store a large amount of static electricity.
- You can transfer such electrical charge to assemblies or components, causing ESD damage.
- Walk across Vinyl floor or synthetic carpet.
- Opening a plastic bag.
How and Why ESD also increased by:
- Low relative humidity / dry air.
- The use of plastics, synthetics and insulators in working area.
- When you move.
- Walking shifting, bending or rolling in a chair, on synthetic carpets and waxed floors.
How ESD is able to damage a component or assembly?
A very small transfer of electrical charge that you can not hear, see or feel can damage some components and assemblies like PC hardware, and other electrical and mechanical damage.
Anyone who works with electronic assemblies or components can cause ESD damage.
Nowadays, the electronic components and assemblies are more smaller and efficient than ever before. Also, they are sensitive to static electricity and more fragile.
The ESD sensitive devices can be protected by one of the following acts:
ESD Protection Material:
Three kinds of material is used to protect the Components from ESD.
- Static dissipative